Wed, 15 May 2013
Tune in as Wade-O talks with Tye Tribbett about the success of "Did It Before", his new album "Greater Than" and how God restored all of the broken relationships he experienced as a result of his fall.
- On the success of Did it Before: "After being off the scene for a little while, I didn't know what would happen. But I did know it was from the Lord and I did know I was serious about it ."
- On Creating Did it Before: "So we been singing the hook for like 5-6 years and the verses came last year."
- On His new album Greater Than: I don't want to hype it, but this album right here is like Victory on steroids. You know live is my element."
- On Collaborations: "I would love to do something with Will I Am. I love his energy and creativy. We could do something for the Lord!"
- On Gospel Artists Collabing with Secular Artists: "Jesus wasn't afraid of any genre or any venue of music. Cuz he knew his intention in going there was to change them. Our intention in going there is to fit in. I think that's the issue right there."
- On Greater Annointing: "I Think my relationship with the choir was too lopsided. They held me too high or perhaps I postured myself too high. All of their lives were invested in me and what I was doing."
In our interview, we spoke with Tye Tribbett about:
- (1:04) - The Success of "If He Did it Before...Same God"