Sat, 14 December 2013
Tune in for a very candid conversation between KJ-52 and DJ Wade-O. The two discuss KJ's quest to break the Team Freestyle Guiness Book of World Record as well as his decision to move on from BEC Recordings upon fulfilling his contract after last year's release of Dangerous.
Perhaps the most interesting part of the conversation is their discussion of the Stellar Awards and the snub of Andy Mineo in this year's Gospel Rap category. KJ raises the question of whether race played in role in Andy's exclusion from the nominees.
This is certainly a conversation that you don't want to miss.
DJ Wade-O and KJ-52 Spoke about:
- His Passion for Freestyling
- The History of Freestyling
- What constitutes a freestyle
- His Favorite Freestylers
- Attempting to set the Guiness book of World Record for Group Freestyle
- The Decision to Leave BEC Recordings
- What the next KJ-52 Project will look like
- The Devaluing of the Album
- The Change in How people consume and experience music
- The Importance of Music Videos
- Race and The Christian Music Industry
- Andy Mineo being snubbed for the 2013 Stellar Awards
- KJ-52 Asks if the Stellar Awards are racist since Andy wasn't nominated
- Would the Christian Hip Hop community be up in arms if Lecrae wasn't nominated for a DOVE
- The Role DJ Lace, DJ Will and Dr D have played in opening doors at the Stellar Awards
- How the CCM and Gospel Worlds are responding to Hip Hop in 2014
- The Bridges that KJ-52 has built for many in Christian Hip Hop
- What's coming up next for KJ-52